Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Oh my, what have I done????

In a fit of insane behavior (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it) I just registered for an insane event that is scheduled to occur on or about June 1 this year.  It is a very worthwhile event, I assure you, but what was I thinking????

The event is Fatty's 100 Miles Of Nowhere.  If you  are not familiar with this concept, in a nutshell we are to ride either stationary trainers or around a very small course for 100 miles in support of charity.  Fatty explains it so much better here.



The race is going to benefit a very deserving cause this year - Camp Kesem.  To quote from their webiste:
"Camp Kesem empowers college student leaders nationwide to create free, life-changing summer camps for children affected by a parent’s cancer."

 As you can see this is a very worthy cause for such a crazy stunt.  What makes this even more crazy is that I have not ridden 100 miles in a long, long time.  Wish me luck!