Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Oh my, what have I done????

In a fit of insane behavior (at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it) I just registered for an insane event that is scheduled to occur on or about June 1 this year.  It is a very worthwhile event, I assure you, but what was I thinking????

The event is Fatty's 100 Miles Of Nowhere.  If you  are not familiar with this concept, in a nutshell we are to ride either stationary trainers or around a very small course for 100 miles in support of charity.  Fatty explains it so much better here.



The race is going to benefit a very deserving cause this year - Camp Kesem.  To quote from their webiste:
"Camp Kesem empowers college student leaders nationwide to create free, life-changing summer camps for children affected by a parent’s cancer."

 As you can see this is a very worthy cause for such a crazy stunt.  What makes this even more crazy is that I have not ridden 100 miles in a long, long time.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. I was going to sign up for this also, but didn't! The cost and all with us being cancer parents is a little much... But we still plan to do it on our own! :) You'll do great, Dan!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to do it. I hear you about it being on the expensive side, but I know the $$$ goes to charity - Camp Kesem again this year, which is why I don't mind paying the entrance fee.

    Now I just have to prepare myself to do it. It will be over 200 laps around my block...

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan,

    Saw your comment on Fatty's site, and had to stop by to wish you luck. This should be interesting!!

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve. I know it will be a challenge, but I'm up for it!

      Dan

      Delete