Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Beautiful Saturday ride...

Sunny, temperatures in the low 70's, a light wind all make for a wonderful day for a ride. So, that's what I did.  There were quite a few other cyclists out enjoying the beautiful weather this morning.

I decided to head out towards Red Rock, west on Blue Diamond and then North on Hwy 159.  I wasn't sure how far I would make it, so I decided to ride out for an hour and then turn around and head back home.  Surprisingly I felt pretty good and made it all the way to Bonnie Springs Ranch.  Total distance was 20.4 miles.  My farthest ride in 2 years!

The bike did well.  I still don't trust it yet and can't wait for my new rear wheel so I can trust it.  Jay over at ProCyclery helped me spec out the wheel and I can't wait for it to come in.  We have put together what I think will be a fairly bulletproof wheel.  Of course to get that durability, it costs money.  In this case its almost the cost of the bike.