Monday, April 8, 2013

(Extremely) Windy Monday

OK, I'm not sure if its just a coincidence, but it sure seems like Monday's are tough riding days.  In fact this morning was so tough, I didn't ride!  OK, it really doesn't have anything to do with Monday, it has everything to do with wind.

I was planning on getting up at my usual 4:00 am and heading out for a nice 10 miles around the neighborhood.  Alarm was set and everything.  Went to bed at an OK time (not the best, but I have done worse).  Then about 2:20 am I was woken up by the wind trying to tear the blinds off the bedroom window. At least that's what it sounded like!

After mostly closing the bedroom window, I decided I needed to investigate the weather conditions.  I fired up my phone and went to Wunderground.com to look at the local conditions.  Lo and behold there was a sustained 24 mph wind with gusts approaching 50 mph.  There was a high wind warning which stated that gusts could surpass 60 mph.

Well, I figured being such a high profile cyclist (you know like the high profile vehicles), that winds of this magnitude might cause a significant, unpleasant event that I just didn't want to deal with - namely it could easily blow me off the bike!  So I reset my alarm for 5:25 am and went back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment