Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Biggest Winner Week 8

8 weeks into a 10 week competition.  8 weeks I've been seriously focusing on what I should be doing.  The good news is that as of Saturday morning I weighed in at 413.8 lbs.  That makes a 21.2 lb. total loss for the competition.  Just under 5% of my body weight gone.  I am feeling good about that. That is a loss of 3.4 lbs. since last week.

Its been a tough week.  AS I posted in my ride recap, I attempted the Tour De Cure 30 mile ride, but it was too hot and too many hills.  I did get out for a couple of other rides which gave me 30 miles for the week.

I also completed the FitBit 50lb. challenge.

My FitBit report for the week shows an average of 4507 steps per day and a calorie deficit for the week of 10,324 which is evident in the loss this week.

Only 2 more weeks until the final weigh in for the competition.  Once I hit that date, I will eat a more balanced diet.  I just know that for me, low-carb works the best for weight loss, but I don't know if its sustainable long term because of the huge restriction necessary of fruits and some veggies.

I am setting a goal for myself for the Month of May - Ride my bike at least 23 of the 31 days this month.  In order to count as a "ride" it must be at least 3 miles in length.  I'm going to track each ride in this blog so stay tuned!

Have a great day and remember the "secret" to a healthier you - Eat Better and Move More.

No comments:

Post a Comment