Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Not a happy camper...

It was a struggle getting out of bed this morning.  I really need to adjust when I hit the sack.  Regardless, though, I managed to get my butt up and dressed for a nice cool morning ride.  I got out to the garage about 4:20 (running a bit later than usual) and felt the tires on my bike.  They were a little softer than they had been so I decided to top them off.

The front was down to about 70 lbs and the rear about 80.  I pumped them to 95 lbs or so and finally got under way.

I was feeling pretty good doing my usual morning loops about 1 mile each.  On the third loop I noticed it didn't feel right going into the "fast" corner.  I immediately slowed and checked - my front tire was flat.  It was 3 tenths of a mile back to the house so I walked my bike with its completely flat front tire.

Not sure what the cause was.  I am still waiting on my latest Amazon purchase of a wallet with levers, CO2 and a patch kit.  I didn't even pull the wheel.  I thought I should be good to go with the gatorskins, but it seems that may not be the case.  I'll have to take it apart and see if I can identify the cause.

I had planned on a couple of good morning rides today and tomorrow, resting on Friday for Saturday's ride.  Now it might be a bit of a longer rest as I may not get to the bike this evening.  Stay tuned. :)

2 comments:

  1. I keep my tires at around 110 or so. Sorry about your flat, Dan. Nothing ruins a ride faster. Ever!

    Keep getting up & rocking out that morning ride! I'm proud of you!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Come to find out it was a pinch flat. Must have run over a rock just wrong. New tube and I'm rolling again.

      Dan

      Delete