Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Biggest Winner Week 3

Hard to believe we are already 3 weeks into the Biggest Winner competition as part of the Corporate Challenge here in Las Vegas.  I started this competition at 435 lbs and my weight this morning is 423.2.  That's a total loss of 11.8  and a weekly change of -.5 lbs.

I've been doing well on my eating staying within my calorie goals this week, but have gone a bit overboard on the sodium on  couple of occasions.  I should know better because for the next day or two I feel swollen and bloated until I can wash the excess away.

Got on the Univega this morning to try and keep up with my riding, but that proved problematic.  The first thing I noticed was that it took more work to go the same distance compared to the diamondback.  I was OK with that, it just meant I was working harder and actually felt like I was burning more calories.  But then about the 5.5 mile mark I heard a noise from my rear wheel.  I looked down and saw a wobble and knew exactly what had happened - another broken spoke!

I am definitely not a happy camper!  Its not like I was riding over rough terrain or bounding over rocks and roots on some trail.  I was riding on nice smooth asphalt!  In fact I was actually coasting at the time.  All of a sudden it feels like my bikes are betraying me.

I need to get them attended too sooner rather than later as I have upcoming events I need to train for.  I'm taking the Diamondback wheel over to Pro Cyclery today at lunch to have the spoke replaced so I can at least get back on the road for a bit until I figure out a better solution.