Sunday, April 21, 2013

Wonderful, unremarkable ride

Got on my steed and headed out on Blue Diamond towards Red Rock. Noticed right away how awesome my ride felt.  The new tires and wheels gave a smooth and stable ride.  The gatorskins had noticeably less rolling resistence.

Funny but it was a great ride primarily because nothing remarkable happened.  The winds were in the 10 MPH neighborhood the sun was shining and temps in the low 70's.


The above picture shows the road looking towards Red Rock by Blue Diamond.

Yesterday I did a quick 10 laps around the block as a test to gauge what the 100 Miles Of Nowhere was going to take.  The 10 laps netted 4.71 miles which means it will be 212 laps to hit the 100 miles on June 1.

Before that, though I have the Tour De Cure coming up on Saturday.  30 miles with 1960 feet of climbing.  It will be a challenge, but I'll do it.  Join me in fighting Diabetes by making a donation on my page.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Dan,

    Congrats on the new wheels - the bike is looking pretty good! Hope they hold up for you and that's the end of that problem.

    Good luck this weekend. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

    That sure is some stunning scenery you have in your area. I'm a real 'woods boy' and love my Allegheny Mountains, but it sure is beautiful out there.

    Keep on riding!!

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve! I love the look and I know the wheels are strong. I can feel the difference when I ride.

    Being originally from Southeastern Michigan, I am a bit of a woods boy myself. I also forget how stunning the scenery is since I see it every day. The picture above was taken 7.5 miles from my house.

    Hope you are dodging the wet out there and getting some riding in.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete