Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Biggest Winner Week 6 progress

Well, we are now 6 weeks into this 10 week contest.  Things are finally moving consistently, but before I go into that, I just have to take a moment and talk about what happened yesterday in Boston.

Unbelievably someone set off 2 bombs, about 10 seconds apart, near the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  The timing was such that they went off when the majority of the "average Joe" type runners would be finishing.  Who did it or why is still unknown.  No one has come forward to claim responsibility.  The fact that someone would deliberately target the spectators (they are the ones who were hurt and killed) is unthinkable.  My hope is that those who are responsible are caught and punished swiftly and severely and that this doesn't negatively impact these type of events in the future.

Our thought and prayers go out to the victims and their friends and families.

OK, back to this week.  I had a decent week.  The low-carb diet is working.  I got out for a few rides including the windy Saturday ride.  The net result is I weighed in this morning at 417 lbs. that is a loss of 18 lbs. or 4.14% for the competition.  If I can maintain the pace, I might actually hit the 10% loss goal I set for myself at the beginning of the competition.

My goals for the week are to continue to eat within the plan, to keep my butt moving (I hope to get in 4 rides for a total of at least 50 miles) and to drink plenty of water.

To borrow from Fizzhog:

Eat better!

Ride your bike!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome Dan! That's a great loss! Proud of you!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Its amazing how it all works when you do the right things! :)

      Dan

      Delete
  2. You are doing quite well, it would seem. As far as Boston goes...well, I'm too disgusted to say much, except that I am proud to hear about spectators tearing down the barricades to rush to help the injured. Otherwise the whole thing makes me sick.

    Keep up the good work, Dan. It counts.

    tj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TJ!

      I hear you about it making you sick. I'm also a bit pissed off that they would be such cowards. The only bright spot is all of the people rushing in to help the injured.

      Hope to have a report soon on the new wheels (should be ready by the weekend).

      Dan

      Delete