Saturday, June 16, 2012

Weekly goal met

I met my weekly goal of riding 6 of 7 days this week.  If I hadn't set the goal for myself I probably would not have ridden this morning, but I am glad I did!  My stats are:

Weekly Miles ridden:  72.55 miles
Time for week:  5 hours 38 minutes
Monthly miles:  102 miles
YTD miles:  388 Miles
Miles to go to hit 2012:  1624 miles

I am slightly behind on my pace of 56 miles per week, but it did improve with this week's miles.

On the calorie front I will be over my weekly total for allowed calories.  I never made up last Sunday's extra calories and was even over a bit yesterday with a trip to CiCi's pizza buffet.

I've read so many inspiring stories from the 100 miles of Nowhere and Fatty's Race report this week.  People truly suffering on their bikes for a good cause that I am motivated to keep pushing myself and improving.  I will ride that event next year.

I also watched my all time favorite movie again yesterday: Meet The Robinsons.  I can't help but get a little choked up every time I see it because it is all about the importance of family and has the best motto: KEEP MOVING FORWARD.  No matter what life throws at you, just keep moving forward.  Seems like some great advice.

Dan

4 comments:

  1. Dan,

    Wow, those are some pretty impressive numbers. It's great to see you sticking with this, and pushing it further all the time. It seems like it's become part of your routine, which makes the whole thing so much easier.

    I'd like to point out that you're just whomping me in miles ridden per week. Granted that I'm riding singletrack, so I'm lucky to average 6 miles an hour. But you're showing some great numbers and that can't be anything but good.

    I agree about Fatty and the 100MON being incredibly inspirational. I've been considering giving this a shot for a while - maybe next year will be that time.

    Keep on riding and keep up the good work.

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve! Unfortunately this week's been a bust and now I'm looking at at least another week with no miles.

      I'm sure that one mile in the dirt is worth at least 3 on the road!

      Keep those pedals turning!

      Dan

      Delete
  2. Great job Dan! Those are fantastic numbers!

    I'm also doing Fattys challenge next year. Can't wait! :)

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! You have been putting up some great numbers yourself!

      Keep the rubber side down!

      Dan

      Delete