Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August Challenge Day 14 Ride 14

Feeling pretty good about the August challenge at this point.  Its been 14 days and I've ridden every one of them.  A couple of items to note regarding this morning's ride and they both have to do with distance.  This morning's ride took me over 100 miles for the month, but more importantly it took me to 567 miles for the year which surpassed last year's total of 566 miles.

I'm riding more this year and I'm feeling good.  The bike is working well as well.

Today's stats:

10.4 miles
44:21 Elapsed time

Month to date

108.5 miles
8:34:50 elapsed time

How are you doing this month?

Keep those pedals turning!

4 comments:

  1. It's so cool that you're over last year's mileage already! Well done! I've got another 800 or miles to hit last year and 1100 to make my year end goal of 2200.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. I too am happy that I've ridden this far so far this year. I'm hoping for a much more productive fall as well! You are doing well yourself!

      Keep on riding!

      Dan

      Delete
  2. Dan,

    Kudos for keeping your nose to the grindstone and working with this challenge. As well as it's working you may have to adopt a challenge each month!

    As for how I'm doing this month, so far I've ridden 14 out of 18 days, for 128 miles. This weekend I rode Friday & Saturday on pavement, and hit the dirt on Sunday. Come today (Monday) and my legs feel dead, so I may take a day off today (or I may not - we'll see how I feel after work!)

    Keep on riding!!!

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,

      Thanks for the kudos! You are right, with these kinds of results I need to keep on challenging myself to I can stay motivated.

      You are doing well yourself. I know you prefer the dirt, but I'm happy you are getting in some pavement rides with the weather, etc. this year.

      Looking forward to some more posts on your site as well!

      Dan

      Delete