Monday, August 19, 2013

August Challenge Day 19 Ride 19

The rain persisted on and off until about 3:30 this morning.  I know because it was raining at 10:00, it was raining at 2:00 and it was still sprinkling at 3:20 when I looked at the radar loop on my phone.  I was thinking that I would wait until after work to get my ride in today as I lay back down to try and get some sleep.

I kept thinking about how yesterday's ride was so short and mainly a token effort.  I thought about how the weather forecast was for more thunderstorms this afternoon and in all likelihood I would end up making only a token effort today.

I decided that for good or bad, I was getting up and riding this morning.  I am glad I did.

The roads were still wet when I got out there a little later than usual, but I decided to just start out nice and easy and see what I could do with the time I had.  There was a lot of sand and grit on the roads, especially on Quarterhorse by the construction site.

I did my first lap and thought to myself, "this isn't too bad."  The temperature was 73, and although a bit humid, it was nice riding weather.

I know I was slower than usual as I was taking it easy, but I decided 4 laps in that I could make the scheduled 10 laps in what time I had.  And that's what I did and I am happy.

Today's stats:

10.4 miles
48:31 Elapsed time

Month to date:

19/19 rides
136.2 Miles
10:55:36 elapsed time

Get on your bikes and ride!

2 comments:

  1. The desert blossoms at night and after heavy rain, the arroyos burst into unimaginable beauty. A full moon and a night ride might prove rewarding.

    That's just something I might write if I knew what I was talking about, which I don't. Sounds good, though.

    I'm sorry to have been neglecting your site lately; rest assured you ain't the only one and while I may be glancing at your pages during intermittant periods of wi-fi access, I have been too down-trodden and pooped to offer encouraging words. Here they are now: GO!

    tj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TJ,

      Very well written! I wish I had thought of that! :) I appreciate your stopping by whenever you are able and your comments are always welcome! I don't feel neglected, but honored that you've stopped by during your limited access time.

      Hope things are well for you.

      Keep those pedals turning!

      Dan

      Delete