Thursday, September 5, 2013

September Challenge update #1

OK, so we are now 5 days into the month of September and I've ridden 3 of those 5 days for a total of 31 miles.  Not bad, but I have a long ways to go to get to my monthly goal of 240 miles.  Looks like its time for a longer ride or two this weekend.

I am happy with my rides so far.  Both yesterday and today I got in a nice 12.5 mile ride.  Yesterday it took 53:29.  This morning I pushed it a bit more and did it in 52:06 with a 14.4 mph pace.  I feel really good about that.

One other notable item from this morning is that I've passed the 700 mile mark for 2013.  That is a pretty good total, but not nearly what I'm hoping for in 2013.

2 comments:

  1. Dan,

    Good work so far. Here's hoping you get some saddle time this weekend to keep up the pace!!

    I managed to get some free time Thursday evening, and again Friday afternoon, so I added a bit over 40 miles for a total just below 50:

    http://www.mapmyride.com/workouts/

    And look at the average speed on Thursday & Friday - 14.4, the same as you! I'm riding my mtb, which weighs a ton, has 2.4 inch wide aggressive tread tires at 50 psi, and is not geared for speed (to put it mildly). Keeping up 14.4 mph isn't my absolute top speed - but it's close, and it takes a bunch of effort.

    I hope to be able to get in some miles Saturday early, and then I'm going to ride some trails on Sunday.

    Keep up the good work and so will I.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, don't think that link is gonna work. Might be able to just look at it on mapmyride, user swampboy62.

      Steve

      Delete