Sunday, September 1, 2013

August Challenge Wrap Up.

Its been a long month but I am happy to report I made the challenge of riding every day in August.  Surprisingly the last 2 days were among the hardest to get in as the weather wasn't very cooperative.

I am happy to report that I pedalled a total of 220.2 miles over the month.  That gives me an average ride length of 7.1 miles.  My longest ride was 12.5 miles on the 27th and the shortest was .48 miles on the 18th in the rain.

Looking ahead to the month of September I plan on challenging myself, but with an overall mileage goal and not with a daily riding goal.  My goal for the month is to better my August total by riding 240 miles.

Hope you are able to get ob your bikes and ride!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you, Dan. In fact, your post has inspired me to do a long ride for Labor Day. I return to work tomorrow and I'm not sure I am taking either bike...no; that's crazy. I promised myself to never again go anywhere without the Schwinn. Thanks, man...I'm glad we had this talk.

    tj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TJ! I'm glad we had this talk as well. Hope your long Labor Day ride was a good one.

      Woould be a shame to not take your Schwinn. I hope you did take her.

      Dan

      Delete
  2. Dan,

    Congratulations on completing your August Challenge. I'm sure it was not easy to get some of those rides in, but you did it.

    Good luck on the September challenge. I was trying to get in 200 miles during August, but had too many interuptions to make it. But there was quite a bit of singletrack in the mix this month, so that is good.

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve!

      You didn't do bad yourself with what you were able to ride in August.

      Dan

      Delete