Monday, September 16, 2013

Best laid plans...

As I posted last week, I had been planning on riding in the 3 Feet for Pete ride.  The date of this ride was 9/14/13 which also happens to be my daughter's birthday.  It is also the date when my nephew and niece needed to get to the airport early.  To make a long story short, I was babysitting the grandkids instead of riding on Saturday morning.

I didn't mind not riding.  Its always fun spending time with the grandkids. We had breakfast together and watched some TV and they played.  When my wife and daughter got home, we then got the kids ready and went out for a combined birthday lunch for my daughter and myself.

Now, I didn't ride Friday morning, thinking I was going to ride on Saturday.  On Sunday morning I was plan lazy and didn't get out to ride before the temperature shot up into the 90's so I didn't ride then either.

So the weekend was a bust in terms of getting miles in.  I did get out this morning and put in 10.4 miles so I'm getting back into the swing of things.  I'm planning on riding at least 10 miles per day the next 3 days and then a bit less on Friday as my parents will be here and my dad and I will do a last ride before the Viva Bike Vegas ride on Saturday. This will be a shake down to make sure the bikes are ready for Saturday morning.

So, this morning's ride takes me over the 100 mile mark for the month of September.  In fact I'm at 102/2 miles for the month.  Not bad, but I have to make up some miles to hit my goal of at least 240.

I hope the rain isn't too bad across the country and you are able to...

GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Dan,

    Yeah, a couple of days off can certainly upset your progress. We've had some rain - enough to keep me off the dirt, but not enough to keep me off the rail trail. My total for the month so far is 127 m.

    Keep up the good work, and get in some miles!

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,

      I am definitely back at it. I put in 10.4 miles yesterday and another 12.5 this morning. You are just ahead of me on the monthly mileage as I'm at 115. The good news is I will be riding every day this week with the Viva Bike Vegas event coming up on Saturday.

      Glad to see you are getting in the miles despite the weather as well!

      Dan

      Delete