Tuesday, July 30, 2013

August Challenge

I have been very inconsistent with my fitness lately so I need something to kick-start things heading into fall and better riding weather. So I've decided to create a challenge - ride everyday in the month of August.  I'm not putting any restrictions on distance or time, but I will get on my bike and ride all 31 days in August.

I got the idea from Clive Chapman's blog when he accepted a challenge 2 years ago to bike everyday in July.  I'm a bit late to the party so I am going to do August this year.

Anyone want to join me in this challenge?

In the past I have set an arbitrary minimum distance for a ride to be counted for a challenge, but I am not doing that this time.  The challenge is just to get on the bike every single day in the month.  I will post daily on how far my ride was that day and give a total distance for the month as well.  I would expect to exceed 250 during the month of August.  We will have to see when its all said and done.

As Mr. Mercury said, so eloquently;

"GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE!!!"