Tuesday, July 30, 2013

August Challenge

I have been very inconsistent with my fitness lately so I need something to kick-start things heading into fall and better riding weather. So I've decided to create a challenge - ride everyday in the month of August.  I'm not putting any restrictions on distance or time, but I will get on my bike and ride all 31 days in August.

I got the idea from Clive Chapman's blog when he accepted a challenge 2 years ago to bike everyday in July.  I'm a bit late to the party so I am going to do August this year.

Anyone want to join me in this challenge?

In the past I have set an arbitrary minimum distance for a ride to be counted for a challenge, but I am not doing that this time.  The challenge is just to get on the bike every single day in the month.  I will post daily on how far my ride was that day and give a total distance for the month as well.  I would expect to exceed 250 during the month of August.  We will have to see when its all said and done.

As Mr. Mercury said, so eloquently;

"GET ON YOUR BIKES AND RIDE!!!"

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dan! I'm having crazy days and out of touch but I'm looking in, dog, I'm watching. Pedal! It saves the day.

    tj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TJ, happy to have you stop by! I am certainly planning on pedalling. Hope things get a bit more stable and less crazy for you.

      dan

      Delete
  2. I love your August Challenge. I am going to stick to my thing of 100 miles (foot or bike) and food choices, but you know I will be following your progress.

    ReplyDelete