Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What to do to get in shape.

Since I want to become and Ironman I need to work on my skills, stamina and ability in the 3 disciplines - Swimming, Riding and Running. I know there is a long way to go to get into any kind of shape to complete a sprint triathlon, let alone an Ironman.  The one and only triathlon I have done was Pumpkinman back in 2010.  Read about it here.

My goal then was to just complete the 3 events, which I did.  My time was horrible, but I did complete them.

Thinking about it, it makes sense to try the same race again this year, but make it a stepping stone to other triathlons of longer duration.  I am going to train to compete int he 2014 Pumpkinman Triathlon which takes place on 10/25/2014.  I've done it once so I know what to expect and I will train much harder for it.  Last time I had no time goal, this time I hope to complete the course in less than 2 and a half hours.



I know I need to train for this as my goal is an hour faster than I completed it in 2010.  I can do it, all it takes is hard work, preparation and determination.  One good thing is I am starting my training at least 2 months sooner than I did in 2010 plus I think I am more dedicated since this is but an interim goal on the way to a much larger goal and not an end in and of itself.

Anyone want to join my for some swimming, riding and running in October in Las Vegas?

No comments:

Post a Comment