Thursday, January 23, 2014

What is your dream?

As I look at where I am and where I need to go in terms of my fitness and weight loss I realize this is an important question - what is your dream?  There must be an underlying reason to this whole journey that is both concrete and measurable.  It is what will help to keep us motivated and on track.

I have been thinking about this question a lot and I'm not sure I have a fully defined dream as yet.  I have an idea of what it might be, but I have not fully voiced this dream even to myself.  To be honest I am a bit scared to mention it as that would mean I am going to have to hold myself accountable whether or not I make that dream come true. I do realize that it is important to give voice to your dreams or they will never come true.

I have been working on a novel called "A Quarter Ton to Kona" in which an overweight athlete overcomes several personal struggles to actually get to and complete the Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii and become an Ironman.  In the back of my mind this is something that I think would be awesome, but the idea of going for it scares the hell out of me!



Right now I know that I am nowhere near where I would need to be to even contemplate a training plan to get me into shape to complete a full Ironman distance triathlon.  Do I think I can get there?  YES.  Will it be easy? NO.  Will it take time and dedication? Certainly!

So, I guess I am putting it out there - in the next 4 years I will to become an Ironman - completing a 2.4 mile swim, a 112 mile bike ride and a marathon run (26.2 miles) all in less than 17 hours.

So, what are your dreams???

No comments:

Post a Comment