Monday, January 13, 2014

A visit to the doctor

OK, I have to come clean.  I don't like going to the doctor.  Pretty much I figure if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but that attitude only works so far.  There are things that could be broke and you won't know about it until its too late. So with this in mind, I am now working with a doctor to get and stay healthy.

One of my main concerns that I knew needed to be addressed is my blood pressure.  I have very high blood pressure, it seems based upon the readings at the doctors on Friday.  I have also been retaining fluids in my legs and so we are starting with 2 medications at this time.  One is to address the blood pressure and the other is to address the fluid retention.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I started the year at an almost all time high weight of 470.4.  I knew a portion of that was retained fluids from the trip to the hospital and so I am happy to report that after 4 days on the medication I am down to 457.6.  That's not an unheard of amount of loss considering the vast majority of it has been fluids.

My goal is to keep up this loss and steadily reduce my weight through the rest of the year.  I have been eating healthier and less and know I can do this.  I think a reasonable number of pounds to lose in the year would be 100.  That means that on January 1, 2015 my goal is to weigh 370 lbs. Will this be easy?  No, it won't it will take focus and dedication, but I know I can do it.  I have to do it as my health requires it.

With this thought in mind, I am adding a ticker to the right side indicating my current weight and I will be updating it about once a week so I can monitor my progress towards my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment