Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weight update

I've been a bit neglectful of the blog lately simple because there hasn't been much to tell.  I've been slowly walking farther each day and getting back to where I was before my trip to the hospital.  I've also been taking my medications as I have been instructed and the fluid retention is greatly reduced.  This has also affected my weight.  On January 1, I got on the scale and weighed in at 470.4 lbs.  This morning I got on the scale and it showed 445.4 lbs.  That is a loss of 25 lbs. in the last 21 days.  That is great, but I acknowledge that the majority of it is water weight.  Not all of it, though.

Since my stint int he hospital I have been diligent about watching what I am eating and not over eating.  I set a very reasonable daily calorie intake of 2450 calories per day (MyFitnessPal wants to set it at 2735, but I think that's a bit high.)  The good news is that with one exception, when I was over by 35 calories, I have been within my calorie limit every day since then.  I also have not had a diet Soda (or any soda) since I was in the hospital as well.

These 2 changes have had a very favorable impact on my overall health and well being.  I feel better.  I'm not usually as munchie as I had been before when I ate more, and the weight is coming down.  The next move for me is to add in more exercise in the form of riding my bike as well as weight training when the gym opens next week.

I look forward to getting back on the bike and racking up the miles in 2014.

Get on your bikes and ride!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment