Saturday, May 26, 2012

252 miles and counting

This week has been one with much less riding than I had anticipated or planned, yet I did manage to get out for 3 rides after all of the issues with spokes and wheels.  I rode a total of 24.15 miles this week bringing my total for the year to 252 miles.  I realize that I am a long ways from my goal of 2012 in 2012, but the fact that I was able to get any miles this week is a good thing.

Only 1760 miles to go for the year. Divide that by the 31 weeks remaining in the year and it works out to just under 57 miles per week average needed.  Riding an average of 5 days per week.  I need to ride over 11 miles  per day.  Definitely a doable number.


4 comments:

  1. Dan,

    Glad to see you've been able to continue a strong riding schedule. I also missed one of my five days this week, but it seems that real life often intrudes into bicycle world and demands it's time. I'll be back at 5 out of 7 this week for sure.

    Good that you got those wheel problems worked out. I think I did some damage to my rear derailleur or hanger this week, so I have that to straighten out. And the bike is a muddy, gritty mess too, so I need to spend some quality wiping and oiling time with it.

    Keep on riding!

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is s struggle getting in the 5 of 7 days riding, but for me, early morning, before work seems to fit well.

      Hope there was nothing serious with the derailleur and that your were able to get out and ride!

      Dan

      Delete
  2. Man, it is always reassuring to hear other guys talk about their riding. It makes me want to get off my but and go out. thanks guys! I'm off!


    tj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear from you Tim Joe and I hope you get some quality time in the saddle!

      Dan

      Delete