Monday, May 3, 2010

The good and the bad...

The good news is that I rode over the weekend and actually increased my distance by 1/3 this morning to 4 miles. The bad news is that a childhood friend of mine had a massive heart attack over the weekend. Talk about a dose of reality jumping up and smacking you in the face. It was very close for him but they did get him help in time and he should, with work and dedication, recover. On top of a 90% blockage in an artery, they are telling him he is diabetic as well. Before this journey was mainly intellectual - I know I need to lose weight and get in shape for better health. This has made it an emotional journey as well.

Let's face it - that could have been me! This is a very sobering and life changing thought. I know that I need to make the changes I am to get into a more healthy body and lifestyle and I am now willing to truly invest in making that happen.

More updates soon...

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan!

    I love the way you embrace yourself and I'm with you 100% for getting in shape and being healthy.

    You made a great decision when you embarked in this fitness/cycling journey. You're not alone - being motivated and persistent are key factors.

    Cheers from Romania!

    ReplyDelete