Wednesday, May 14, 2014

It makes perfect sense

Since May is Bike Month, I've noticed many of the blogs I follow have posted information on how bikes are a great mode of transportation.  They are efficient, good for the environment and have an added benefit of being good for your health. I agree with all of these things.  In my personal experience biking is also much more efficient than walking.

I have always said that I would rather bike seven miles instead of walking one mile.  To me the biking is so much easier. Walking just always seemed to me to take so much more energy than biking.  Well, a stud has confirmed this fact.  Look at the following graphic:


If you look closely at the chart, it shows just how much energy it takes to move a single passenger one kilometer.  The less energy required, the more efficient the mode of transport.  Looking at the top 2 modes of transport, cycling at .06 and walking at .16, we see that cycling is in fact 2.6 times more efficient than walking!

So, why not take a bike to get someplace and save energy, help the planet and improve your health.

GET ON YOUR BIKE AND RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment