Thursday, May 23, 2013

Where did the wind come from???

My plan this morning was to get up at 4:00 and ride my usual 10 miles or so before work.  I had the alarm set, went to bed by 10:30 and was prepared to do just that.  The only issue was that the wind was a steady 26 mph with gusts in the 40's.  According to Accuweather this was supposed to subside and only be a 10 to 15 mph wind by morning.

Accuweather was a bit off on the timing.  The 40+ gusts lasted all night.  In fact there were a few well over 50 mph.  I made the executive decision at 3:18 am, after waking up for the 3rd time due to the wind and checking the current conditions, that I wasn't riding this morning.  In order to make my goal, I'll do a quick ride this evening and then a long ride tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment