Monday, May 13, 2013

May Ride #6

YAY!!! I did a ride with no problems.  It felt good.  I still don't quite trust the tires and tubes on the corners, but that will come in time.

This morning I decided to really start the training for the 100 Miles Of Nowhere, so I rode around and around the block.  I must have miscounted the laps as I thought I had 22 laps done and it turned out to be only 21.  Therefore I rode 9.97 miles instead of the 10+ I was shooting for.

It felt good, though.  Temperatures was 74 degrees, very light wind from the west and obviously no sun as it was 0 dark 30 when I was riding.

Thinking ahead to June 1st, I am going to have to start pretty early to get in a good number of miles before things really start heating up.

4 comments:

  1. Dan,

    Sounds like a pretty good start for MON training! Feel like you could do that ride ten times over the course of a day??

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep- Its about a half mile around the block. I was thinking about it this morning and I will need to reassess in a couple of weeks. I might end up turning it into a multi-Stage ride. We'll see, though as I put in more saddle time leading up to it.

      Dan

      Delete
  2. Great job Dan! You could try doing some two-a-day rides. That helped a lot with my century training. Riding on tired legs is an art form in it's own right!

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I've been thinking about that, but its just getting so hot in the evenings now - we're going up to 102 today. Planning on getting more seat time in one way or another, even if it means getting up early on the weekends to beat the heat.

      Dan

      Delete