Sunday, February 26, 2012

Good News

The results from the MRI show some fluid, a bit of arthritis and a small anomaly on my meniscus.  According to the doctor there were 3 options - Surgery, a cortisone shot and physical therapy, or give it more time to heal.  I opted for the third option.  I explained to him my main fear was doing more damage and he said that I wouldn't.  So I've been on the spin bike the last 2 days.

I'm starting slow as I don't want to over do it - 7 minutes yesterday and 9 minutes today.  My knee is sore, but since I'm not doing further damage, its time to HTFU and ride!

Glad to be back on the (spin) bike!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you can start riding again!
    Keep going!
    Love you Bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is good news. As long as it's not damaging it further to use it, you should be good to go. Congratulations on not needing surgery!

    Now that you're spinning in some extra calorie burning you'll be working towards your goal from both ends - less food in, and burning up existing calories quicker. That can't help but make things easier.

    Keep up the good work. I've had a couple of off-diet days, but I'm resolved to focus and keep things reasonable again.

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was certainly relieved to hear the news.

      I, too had a couple of off days on the weekend but am back on track. I do like that I can do some burn first thing in th emorning. It gets me going for the day.

      Keep it up yourself!

      Dan

      Delete