Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Proud of my wife...

I am so proud of my wife. She got up early this morning and rode a mile with me on her bike. She started strong and was working hard by the end, but she made it! It was amazing having her out there with me. So far I've been basically doing my training by myself. Its been good and I am definitely getting stronger, but to have her along with me was really amazing.

Having someone share the experience definitely makes it easier to do. Its like sharing a burden where you don't have to carry it alone. Never having competed in sports, I never really understood the boost a person can get from the crowd and from their teammates. I can now see why having a personal trainer when working out in the gym is a big deal - they help motivate you and keep you going to in the right direction instead of giving in to your mental limitations.

I just want to say I Love You dear, and I look forward to sharing many more mornings with you in pursuit of our healthier, fitter lives!

1 comment:

  1. Back in 2006 I went from 170 to 138 lbs by walking, jogging, running. If it weren't for my wife I'd've stayed on the couch. I did it without a personal trainer. Unfortunately I'm back at approximately 160. Losing weight or gaining weight takes time. You're motivating me to get back with the program. Contrary to what you believe now - it does get easier! What's difficult is stopping, starting, stopping, starting.

    ReplyDelete