Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It doesn't get easier...

OK, I'm starting to understand the saying it doesn't get easier, you can just do it faster and for a longer time. When I first heard that I thought it was ridiculous. If you keep exercising it has to get easier, is what I thought. Now that I've been actually doing the exercising in the form of riding my bike, I'm starting to understand. Its not exactly getting easier to ride my bike, I can just do it longer and at a faster pace. It still takes motivation and a mental effort to get myself up and out and start riding.

The good news is that I've lost 6 lbs in the last week. I also managed to ride 40 miles and walk 2. I've adjusted my training schedule so that I'm planning on riding and walking on alternate days to build up my stamina in both. I still have to get my butt in the pool and start swiming laps. I had hoped to do that over the weekend, but everytime we got to the pool, it was too crowded to swim laps. I concentrated on doing some kicks and other leg work in the water just to make sure I was doing something!

No comments:

Post a Comment