Monday, May 16, 2016

Week 14 Update

Well, the good news is I didn't gain any weight this week.  Of course that means the bad news I didn't lose any either.  I was expecting this, though since I pushed to get the scale down last Monday for the competition weigh out.  On a brighter note, I did ride 5 of the last 7 days which is good.  I had planned on 7 for 7 but it was just too blasted hot during the time I had to ride on both Friday and Saturday, we hit 99 and 97 respectively.

Yesterday we were cooler with only 92 for the high, but silly me, I went for a ride in the afternoon heat.  Made it up one hill and had hoped to go farther when I left but it just was way too hot out there.  I haven't acclimated at all to the warmer temperatures yet this year.  I know in a month or two, 92 will feel refreshing but right not it was just too hot.

One thing I have been fighting has been the temptation to eat everything in sight now that the Biggest Winner competition is over.  This is where I would normally fall of the diet wagon in the past but I am bound and determined to not have that happen this year.  I am going to stay strong and get to that 80 lb loss by August.  I'm also looking beyond that and towards the rest of my life as a healthier individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment