Monday, February 3, 2014

A cold morning ride

OK, I've said it before and I'll say it again - since moving here to Las Vegas, I have been a fair weather cyclist.  to be fair my body has been adapting to the warmer weather here and I can now withstand much warmer temperatures than I used to without melting.  There is a price, though.  That is that I no longer deal with the cold as well as I had.

This morning is a great example.  I finally got back on my bike before work.  I hadn't been on the bike in close to 3 months.  The problem is that I was very cold, even though the official temperature was 40 degrees, but I don't believe it. I about froze!

Now, part of it was my fault as I was under dressed for the weather, but only part.  My ears, face and neck were freezing from the air moving past.  Fortunately the gloves I picked up last fall were great on my hands.  My body was cold too, but that was because all I had on was a long sleeve jersey.

I hope it warms up soon as I am planning on continuing to ride in the mornings and it is going to be tough if it stays this cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment