Tuesday, February 4, 2014

We've joined a gym

My wife and I just joined the Planet Fitness gym here in Las Vegas.  We opted to go for the "black card" membership so we could enjoy any of the the Planet Fitness facilities plus exclusive use of the hydromassage and tanning rooms.



Now I have to be honest here.  Its been a good 12 years since I've been in a gym and then it was the local YMCA.  I see there are a TON of different machines all targeting specific muscles or muscle groups plus the spin bikes, ellipticals and a large quantity of treadmills.  I need to figure out what I'm going to do with all of this equipment!

I know I would like to work on my arms and upper body, so that will be part of the workout.  I also should work on my cardio and leg strength.  I think it will be worth our time to sit down with one of the trainers and see about creating a nice, balanced work out for each of us.

One thing I have to keep in mind is that the doctor has said I can work out, but I have to take it easy.  he is still concerned about my blood pressure as we tweak my medication.  With that in mind, I am going for higher repetitions at lighter weights to help strengthen and tone my muscles.  I figure it will also help to burn some extra calories.

I'm curious, does anyone have any favorite routines at the gym?

No comments:

Post a Comment