Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Biggest Winner week 1

Here we are already one week into the biggest winner challenge.  Only 9 more to go.  The good news is I was pretty clean and on target with my eating over the last week.  The really good news is that I weigned in at 425 lbs yesterday which means I've lost 10 lbs. or 2.29% of my starting body weight.  Definitely on track to hit my goal of losing 10% over the course of this challenge.

The better news is I quit making excuses and got my butt out of bed this morning at 4:00 am and rode 8 miles.  Its been a long time since I actually rode before work.  It was a bit cooler than I had anticipated at 52 degrees, but I enjoyed it.  Was it a struggle - you bet!  Will I do it again - Yep.  I will be back out there at 4:00 tomorrow morning.

Even though I struggled I still was able to maintain a 12.4 mph average speed.  Looking back to a year ago, I was only able to go 6 miles and average 12.1.  So I'm not doing bad at all. :)

2 comments:

  1. Dan,

    Yeah, the worst part of exercise can be actually doing it. Next time you're on your bike, just imagine if you were in a stinkin' gym doing reps on some machine. Being in the breeze turning the cranks is about a zillion times better than that.

    The weather is threatening to get nice out here, with an AMAZING weekend just past (over 60 degrees). Now that Daylight Savings Time has given my back some evening light and the temps are getting better I'll be returning to a more hectic schedule - ride as often as possible and trail work a couple of times a week after work.

    Keep up the good work and keep on riding.

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve,

      That is the one thing I've been kicking myself about - we have had a couple of nice weekends here and I haven't been out taking advantage of it. All too soon it will be in the 90's and 100's and I'll be longing for the cooler days. In fact this weekend we are supposed to be in the 80's already!

      Of course being out on the bike is sooooo much better than riding indoors.

      I hope the weather does hold for you and you are able to get out there and enjoy it.

      Dan

      Delete