Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Biggest Winner week 1

Here we are already one week into the biggest winner challenge.  Only 9 more to go.  The good news is I was pretty clean and on target with my eating over the last week.  The really good news is that I weigned in at 425 lbs yesterday which means I've lost 10 lbs. or 2.29% of my starting body weight.  Definitely on track to hit my goal of losing 10% over the course of this challenge.

The better news is I quit making excuses and got my butt out of bed this morning at 4:00 am and rode 8 miles.  Its been a long time since I actually rode before work.  It was a bit cooler than I had anticipated at 52 degrees, but I enjoyed it.  Was it a struggle - you bet!  Will I do it again - Yep.  I will be back out there at 4:00 tomorrow morning.

Even though I struggled I still was able to maintain a 12.4 mph average speed.  Looking back to a year ago, I was only able to go 6 miles and average 12.1.  So I'm not doing bad at all. :)