Friday, December 28, 2012

Looking back..and ahead

As we all often do at this time of year, I have been reflecting on what I've accomplished over the last year and then I start thinking ahead to what I want to accomplish in the next year.

As for what I did in 2012:

I rode a total of 566 miles in 2012. (this may change if I can get out there in the next day or to).

I competed in the corporate challenge bike race in May.

I purchased a new bike in 2012 and am happy with it after the trials and tribulations with the spokes/wheels and pedal issues.

I completed the Viva Bike Vegas 17 mile ride in September.

Along the way I've gained and lost a bunch of pounds and have rededicated myself to improving my health and losing weight.  I've picked up a fitbit tracker to try and motivate myself to move more and it seems my wife and daughter are joining me on this journey as they have each gotten the fitbit for Christmas.

As I sit here I'm thinking about the events I want to do in 2013.  Those events include:

Tour de cure ride - April 2013

Corporate Challenge - May 2013

100 mile of nowhere - June 2013

Viva Bike Vegas - September 2013

Bike MS - November 2013

As you can see I'm hoping to accomplish much more int he ride department in 2013.  I also am looking to ride at least 2013 miles in 2013.

With this much riding and watching my diet, I'm planning on also getting below 300 lbs. by 12/31/2013.

I hope to see some of you on some of these rides in 2013!

4 comments:

  1. Dan,

    Good luck on your goals. Hopefully you'll have a few less obstacles this year.

    I have some goals of my own, so I'll be striving for additional self control as well.

    I've been thinking about the 100 Miles of Nowhere for a couple of years. Maybe this is the year...

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve I am certainly hoping to be in a much better position to ride this yar s opposed to last.

    I am hoping to get in on the 100 mon. I tried to get in last year but missed the last spot by about 30 minutes.

    Keep riding!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve # 2 here - time to make it happen. 2013 is going to be my year, come hell or high water, I'm sure you can achieve your goals as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, Thanks for stopping by!

      All we have to do is work towards it on a daily basis. Been a bit slow for me and I've struggled but today is the first day of the rest of our lives so we can get to it! Good news is I made it up at 4:00 am and go in my ride this morning - day 1!

      Dan

      Delete