Wednesday, January 28, 2015

So Far So Good

It's been just over a week now since I started refocusing on my health and weight loss and really watching what I've been eating.  I have gone back to low carb eating and it has made a difference.  I posted last week that my weight was 463.  This morning it was 455.  8 pounds down.  I am very happy about this and it's a great motivator to see that things are moving in the right direction.  Of course I expected this.  I always lose a good amount the first and second week of switching to a low carb following the Atkins diet.



It's 3 and 4 weeks in that I really start struggling. I start struggling because that's when my food cravings kick into high gear.  I want the fruit and the grains at this point.  This time will be different.  I am going to stay strong and stay focused on my goals. I know I can do this.  I have to look both at doing the right next thing as well as at the long term goals.

That said, I need to start working on the second part of the attack on getting healthy which is to get moving. I've set a bunch of goals for the year and so far I haven't started working towards those goals.  I plan on starting to do that this weekend. Even if the weather is as wet as they are forecasting, I can still get my butt moving.

Join me out there - Get On Your Bikes and RIDE!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment