Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm rolling again

I'm finally back on my bike and rolling along.  I realized this morning that its been 4 weeks since I last rode and that is just too long of a break.  Not only did I lose some fitness, but it certainly dug a hole in terms of meeting my 2012 in 2012 goal for this year.

I actually have both of my bikes back up and rolling along.  Some bearings and a good tightening of the bottom bracket on the Univega and a new Shimano crankset on the Diamondback were just what the bike doctor ordered. :)  I was figuring a cost between $125 and $150 for the repairs and was quite pleased with a bill for $62.

I rode 8 miles this morning and felt the 4 week layoff.  I did lose some fitness as my legs were gone at 5 miles, but I know I can quickly gain it back.  I don't think I'll make 5 days riding this week, but I should make 4. 

Keep rolling along!

4 comments:

  1. Way to jump back on, Dan! Buckle down and you'll hit that goal! :) (I'm doing the same at the moment. Right there with you!)

    Sarah
    www.thinfluenced.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm happy to be back on the bike!

      Dan

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I'm betting you felt it in your legs after a month off! Glad to see you're back in the saddle again though.

    Good luck getting you miles back up there. Hope you guys aren't absolutely cooking out there. We've certainly had our share of really hot days!

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately its been very warm and the humidity has been up as well. This morning it was 90 degrees with 35% humidity at 4:00 am!

      Hope you've gotten some relief from the heat.

      Dan

      Delete