Monday, June 16, 2014

Still doing it despite the wind

This morning I got up at 4:00 and got in a short 5 mile ride before work.  The temperature was great - right around 70.  The only issue I had this morning was with the wind.  Seems to have come back with a vengeance. Of course it is the wind which is bringing in the comfortable temperatures, but it is also very challenging.

Yesterday's peak wind gust in my area was 50 mph between 8:00 and 9:00 last night.  The Max Sustained wind was 39 mph during the same time frame. My ride last night occurred between 8:00 and 9:00 pm.  No wonder I was having an issue with the wind! Fortunately this morning the winds were a bit less with the sustained wind around 20 mph and gusts to 40 mph. It was still a struggle, though since they were from the WSW which makes them a stiff head wind on the slight uphill portion of my route.

The good news is that I have now ridden 32 days in a row.  I can't believe that much time has already elapsed in my personal challenge of riding 180 days in a row. I really do see this as a doable challenge as long as I keep focused on the goal. Secondary to the riding every day is a goal to increase my mileage in order to be ready to crush the Pedal to the Medal ride on September 27th.  I see no reason this won't happen and I would love to have some company on the ride.

Get on you bike and RIDE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment