Thursday, August 21, 2014

Amazing

I am often amazed at what others are able to accomplish.  A great example of this is what Fatty has just finished relating on his blog.  It is his race report from this year's Leadville Trail 100 ( LT100) mountain bike race.  He is a great story teller and mast of multi-post race reports.  His report this year is one of his shorter ones, encompassing only 6 posts, but it is a compelling story of challenge and accomplishment.


One of the parts that got me the most was his genuine pride in the fact that his wife, affectionately known as 'The Hammer' actually beat him this year by 11 seconds. that he got to see her perform at her absolute best and finish with a great time is something that tugs at the heartstrings.  Not to mention the fact that he completed a 100 mile mountain bike race, at altitude, on a single speed bike bike in significantly less than 9 hours. Great job to both the Fatty and The Hammer.

Reading these types of stories gives me hope and optimism that if I work hard and follow through on my training I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to.  Stories like this recharge me and make me want to push myself farther than I have been. These stories are truly an inspiration.

To read Fatty's race report, start here with Part One. Then two, three, four, five and part six.

Oh and stay tuned to his blog as I believe we will soon be treated to a recount of the race from The Hammer's point of view which should be awesome in its own right.

Get on you bikes and ride!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment