Friday, November 9, 2012

Weekly update 11/9/12

Today is my first weekly update.  I'll be working with the format for the next few weeks to figure out what works best for me and what information I want to share.

I first want to say that I love the FitBit ultra that I have.  Its small, unobtrusive and it is helping to motivate me to be more active which is its goal.  I love that it wasn't very expensive, that it updates wirelessly, fits easily in a pocket or on my belt and best of all I don't have to subscribe in order to view the data.

Here is a snapshot of my results for the last week:


Activity

 30150 steps taken
 55 floors climbed
 15.01 miles traveled







Total BurnedTotal EatenDeficit
27648 cals 20212 cals -7436 cals


Now let's compare this to the previous week's numbers before I decided to get moving at all:


Activity

 23855 steps taken
 17 floors climbed
 11.87 miles traveled




Total BurnedTotal EatenDeficit
25998 cals  27476 cals  +1478 cals








As you can see from the above, there was a deficit in calories this week, where there was a surplus in calories the previous week.  Thi will be my baseline week to measure future activity against.

To achieve this, I have managed to cycle 3 days this last week for a total of just shy of 27 miles.  Not a lot of miles, but it is a new start and it is chipping away at my revised goal of 1000 miles this year.  My total is up to 566, only 434 to go.