Friday, November 9, 2012

Weekly update 11/9/12

Today is my first weekly update.  I'll be working with the format for the next few weeks to figure out what works best for me and what information I want to share.

I first want to say that I love the FitBit ultra that I have.  Its small, unobtrusive and it is helping to motivate me to be more active which is its goal.  I love that it wasn't very expensive, that it updates wirelessly, fits easily in a pocket or on my belt and best of all I don't have to subscribe in order to view the data.

Here is a snapshot of my results for the last week:


Activity

 30150 steps taken
 55 floors climbed
 15.01 miles traveled







Total BurnedTotal EatenDeficit
27648 cals 20212 cals -7436 cals


Now let's compare this to the previous week's numbers before I decided to get moving at all:


Activity

 23855 steps taken
 17 floors climbed
 11.87 miles traveled




Total BurnedTotal EatenDeficit
25998 cals  27476 cals  +1478 cals








As you can see from the above, there was a deficit in calories this week, where there was a surplus in calories the previous week.  Thi will be my baseline week to measure future activity against.

To achieve this, I have managed to cycle 3 days this last week for a total of just shy of 27 miles.  Not a lot of miles, but it is a new start and it is chipping away at my revised goal of 1000 miles this year.  My total is up to 566, only 434 to go.

4 comments:

  1. Dan,

    Good to see progress. That calorie deficit is a great thing to be able to do. Keep up the rides and you'll be seeing results fast.

    Been kinda off my routine lately due to a respiratory infection (my nemesis). I've been over it for a while, but have been having a hard time getting back into riding 5 out of 7. I've been doing lots of extra trail work (and yard work too), but I need to step it up. Just hard to do with the temps dropping and only 9.5 hours of daylight each day.

    Keep on riding!

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree even a small bit of progress is still progress inthe right direction.

      Glad to hear you are feeling better. I know what you mean about the shorter days making riding hard.

      DAN

      Delete
  2. It is a constant battle, isn't it brother? I don't fight a very good fight, myself, given my hedonistic lifestyle and genetic tendencies towards what feels good. I have 175 miles under my wheels since Saturday morning but as I type this I am drinking shots of tequila and drinking 16 oz Buds out of the can. I just polished off a frozen pizza and a roll of Rollos and my guilt is mighty, but not because of my gastronomic indulgences. I got other things to feel guilty about.

    As for you, you seem to be working on it and I suspect you sleep pretty good at night. I see your comments on a few of the sites I visit and I know you for the kind of guy I would want for a friend and when the adding and subtracting is done I am certain that you will come out just fine. I just wanted to drop in and thank you for your support with my Trailer Park meanderings and to let you know that every little bit counts. This Bud's for you, Dan!

    tj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is. I know that if I can get into a routine it will get easier too.

      Wow - 175 miles so far this week! Great!

      Thank you for the kind words. I would be honored to count you among my friends. Thank you for your support as well and I look forward to many more stories shared from the park.

      Dan

      Delete