Monday, September 17, 2012

Numbers

I am obsessed with numbers today. 6.46 - that's how many miles I rode this morning.  478 - that's how many miles I've ridden so far this year.  2012, 1534, 105, 14.6 These are the total miles I hope to ride this year, how many I have left, how many days are left and how many miles I have to average per day in order to meet that goal.  Looks like I really need to get riding!

You might wonder why the obsession with numbers today. 18,262 is why.  That's how many days I've been alive, or to put it in a more recognizable format 600 months, or 50 years.  Yes, today is my 50th birthday and I find it a day for reflection and a slight obsession with numbers.

Some other numbers I'm obsessed with today: 2500, 385, 20, 446.5.  2500 is my approximate base calorie burn per day.  385 is approximately how many more calories per day on average i must have consumed over the last 6 months.  20 is the number of pounds I've gained in the last 6 months and 446.5 is my current weight.

I have been avoiding the scale for the last 6 months.  I had hoped to get back into a rhythm of riding and eating better and shed some weight before getting on the scale, but realized this morning that obviously hasn't been the case.

2200, 850, 45, 15, 416.5 are my new numbers.  2200 will be my new target net calories per day.  850 will be my average calorie burn per day.  45 minutes per day is my new exercise target.  15 weeks until January 1st.   416.5 is my goal weight by 1/1/2013 losing a safe and sane 2 lbs. per week between now and then.

To that end we've found a new source for fruits and vegetables.  Its called Bountiful Baskets.  Its a food co-op.  We picked up our first basket last week and couldn't have been more pleased.  I'll got into more detail on them in a future post.

76, 12.  76 is the number of posts, including this one, I've published on this blog.  12 is the number of followers who are listed.  I think all of you for your support.

I started this blog 2 and a half years ago with the idea that it would be my chronicle of losing weight and getting healthy (hence the title) and I have had some great success, but I've also let that success slip away.  I am 26.5 lbs. heavier now than I was when I started this blog and I need to change that. Please stick with me and join me on this journey.  I will not quit.  I will get healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment