Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Dereliction of duties

I need to apologize for my lack of posts over the last couple of weeks.  It seems that With the move and then the trip back to Michigan, there has been little of note for me to write about in terms of the target content of this blog.  I have been doing very little over the last 2 weeks of note in terms of weight loss and fitness.  I haven't ridden my bike, I haven't had weight loss, I am basically stagnant.

My weight, as of Saturday, is 402 lbs.  I realize that is up a pound from my last reading but there are likely contributing factors, including a bit too much salt on restaurant food the day before (those sweet potato fries at Red Robin are great).  I realized this morning that my excuses are just that - excuses.  I will get my butt back on my bike and moving forward both literally and figuratively in terms  of fitness and weight loss.

There is an upcoming ride - the 2016 Honor Ride, that I am thinking about doing and I talked to my grandson before he left for the summer and he said he might like to do it as well.  this ride is scheduled for Saturday November 12 - Veteran's Day weekend.  There are 3 options 20, 40 and 60 mile routes and I am planning on the 20 mile route.  That means I have 2 1/2 months to get my butt in better shape to get out there and do the ride.  I could likely suffer through the 20 miles at the moment but I want to enjoy the ride so I need to get in much better cycling shape.



My riding partner will be home tomorrow and I think we can get ourselves into shape for the ride in the time we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment