Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Registered - 2013 Tour De Cure

I've just registered for my first ride of the year - the 2013 Tour De Cure - Las Vegas.  The ride is on April 27th and I've elected to do the 30 mile option being my first big ride of the year.


There are several reasons why I have chosen this ride.  My biggest reason is that my mother and 2 aunts are all living with diabetes and I want to do what I can to stop this horrible disease.  Knowing that these close family members are afflicted adds another strike against myself and makes it that much more likely that I will get, or possibly already have diabetes.  I know my weight and poor diet are huge risk factors as well and that's why I have undertaken this journey to a slimmer and healthier me.

I can't do this alone, though.  I have set myself a goal of $1,000 in fundraising for this cause and have contributed $79 myself towards this goal.  I ask that if you have the means, please donate here at my personal page.  If you are unable to donate, how about riding with me?  The weather in April in Las Vegas is wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment