Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 8 Progress

It has been a good week.  I've been fairly good with my eating and have gotten in more steeps on a few of the days and I guess it all adds up.  I got on the scale yesterday and it read 426 lbs.  I am very happy with that.  That gives me a 32 lb. loss over the 8 weeks since I made my personal goal.  That is an average of 4 lbs. per week and that pace is right where I want to be.

While I am happy with my progress towards my weight goal, my activity level is still below where I think it should be.  I really need to get into a routine where I can increase my activity, both walking and on the bike, in order to start reaping even more benefits from the weight loss.  I am noticing a difference in my body and how my clothes are fitting but I need to start building the muscles as well as stamina.  I need to get my mind into an active lifestyle mindset where I am focusing more on doing things and less on just watching my diet.  The diet is still a priority but while it it is a major part of the equation, it is still just a part of it.

Looking ahead to May and the National Bike challenge, my goal for this year is to beat my 2014 total of 3,136 points and 336.5 miles.  I know that the only way to do this is through consistency and effort.  During the challenge in 2014, I rode every single day.  If I am going to beat my point total, I will need to do the same this year and increase the distance per ride.  Who will join me for the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment