Friday, May 24, 2013

May Ride #12

I had been planning a longer ride this morning and I actually got to execute the plan.  I got the bike ready and rolled away at 8:40 or so.  There was little wind, bright sunshine and temps in the 70's - a glorious day for a ride.

I headed out Blue Diamond road with a slight tailwind.  I was feeling fairly strong and I just spun away.  I made it out to the Gypsum mine in 35 minutes.  Made it to Bonnie Springs in just under an hour.  I continued on to Spring Mountain ranch.  It was a hair over 10 miles from my house to here.  I stopped and drank some powerade and decided that was far enough for the day.

Truth be told, I was feeling a bit saddle sore and decided it as prudent to head home.  I turned and started back down towards home.  The effort of riding uphill on the way out was rewarded with the lovely downhill ride on the way home.

I was coasting and floating down the road towards home and it was wonderful.

When I got home I uploaded the data from my Garmin to the various sites including Strava, where I learned I had set a personal best.  I hadn't been trying, but having everything working well and not mechanical issues allowed this to happen.

4 comments:

  1. Daniel, it seems to me your rides are getting longer and longer. Such discernible progress is progress indeed and I am happy for you. I also notice that you are showing up on some of the places from my blog list and taking the time to comment. Thanks, man! We all need to feel connected and this wild ride called the internet has done that for so many of us where before there was...I don't know...disconnectedness?

    Cycling has changed my life as it is changing yours and cycling culture has enveloped me and made me a whole lot more than I was before and for that I am grateful and also am I grateful for your readership and support, both for me and for the little family of TPC readers.

    Don't stop! Allez!

    tj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TJ,

      I am trying to increase the distance. Thank you!

      You are right about popping up on a few of the blogs on your reading list. Its a wonderful community and there is much to be shared. I look forward to sharing in all of it.

      Dan

      Delete
  2. Dan,

    Congrats on the personal best. It's always nice to see measureable progress. I was on the trails Fri, Sat & Sun and have a good feeling for this years rides.

    Keep up the good work and keep on riding!

    Steve Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, I've been following up on your recent rides and again, well done on increasing the mileage.

    Yes, we do have a bit in common. Thanks for dropping in on mine. Let's keep encouraging each other.

    ReplyDelete